Enhanced Remix Features Provide More Opportunities for Collaboration
Instagram is expanding the Remix tools to help the audience to tell stories on Instagram better when they collaborate with their favourite creators and friends, including:
- Remix photos: Photos are at the heart of the Instagram experience. You will be able to remix public photographs in the coming weeks. This provides you with an endless source of inspiration for creating your own one-of-a-kind reel.
- Expanded Layout remixes: To add your own video commentary to existing reels, select a green screen, horizontal or vertical split-screen, or picture-in-picture reaction view.
- Include your clip: Do you have an opinion? Rather of having your remix appear concurrently with the original reel, you can now add your clip after the original to play sequentially.
Easily Create Reels Using Templates and Dual
We want everyone to be able to effortlessly express their creative ideas, so we're adding new capabilities that allow you to capture, edit, and share them - all from your phone.
- Templates: Looking for some inspiration? Templates make it simple to create reels by preloading audio and clip placeholders, allowing you to simply add your own photographs or video clips. You may find template ideas by tapping the camera symbol on the Reels tab.
- Dual: Record both the information and your reaction at the same time. Using the Dual function in the Instagram camera, you may record using your phone's front and back cameras at the same time to share a different perspective.
New Instagram video posts will be shared as reels.
Instagram is extending these creative tools and the full-screen experience to your video posts as well, because reels provide a more immersive and engaging way to watch and create videos on Instagram. New video uploads that are less than 15 minutes long will be posted as reels in the coming weeks. Videos uploaded previous to this modification will remain as videos and will not be converted into reels.
- Discovery: If you have a public Instagram account, your new videos (now reels) may be suggested and seen by more people. This is now applicable to reels that are less than 90 seconds long. Even if your account is secret, your reels will only be visible to your followers.
- Profile: We'll also combine the video and Reels tabs on your profile, so all of your videos will have a single home.